Dr Alexandra Boughey
I have variety of experience working with individuals across the life span with a range of mental health difficulties. In addition, I have worked more specifically with individuals struggling with their mental health due to receiving a physical health diagnosis.
I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC; Registration Number PYL040002). The HCPC provide assurances of safe and high standards of clinical practice.
- Cognitive Analytical Therapy within Physical Health: 2-day course, Catalyse.
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Trauma: 2-day course, online training.
- HCR-20 Violence Risk Assessment Training: 1 day course, Ashworth High Secure Hospital
- SVR-20 Sexual Violence Risk Assessment Training: 1 day course, Ashworth High Secure Hospital.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D. Clin. Psy) – The University of Liverpool, UK
- MSc Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging – Liverpool Hope University, UK
- BSc Psychology Degree – Liverpool Hope University, UK
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Yankouskaya, A., Boughey, A., McCagh, J., Neal, A., de Bezenac, C., & Davies, S. J. (2019). Illness perception mediates the relationship between the severity of symptoms and perceived health status in patients with Behcet disease. JCR: Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, 25(8), 319-324.
- Boughey, A., Campbell, Sophie., Khodabukus, A., & Mason, S. (Under Review). Qualified Nurses Experience of Working in Palliative Care; A Systematic Review.
- Boughey, A., Campbell, Sophie., Khodabukus, A., & Mason, S. (Under Review). Finding Meaning in End-of-Life Care. An Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis Study of Acute Palliative Care Nurses.