Dr Javier Malda Castillo
I have an extensive background and specialist clinical expertise in adult mental health difficulties. My approach to psychotherapy is ambitious, I seek not only to help you reduce your symptoms significantly but also to support you in having more fulfilling relationships and quality of life.
- Intensive Short Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP-UK): 3 Years, IEDTA Accredited Psychotherapist
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) Advanced Training: Berlin, J. Ten Have-De Labije (Ongoing)
- Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT): Anna Freud Centre & British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) Accredited Practitioner
- Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT): Accredited Supervisor by Anna Freud Centre & British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) , London
- Group Analytic Psychotherapy (Institute of Group Analysis): 2 Years, Foundation & Diploma Training, Group Analytic Practitioner
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust): 2 Years, D58 Foundations of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (BPC Route)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust): 2 Years, D59, Intercultural Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (BPC Route)
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Malda, Castillo J. & Anderson D. (2021). Swimming in the Sinking Waters of the National Health Service: A Group Analytic Perspective. Group Analysis, 1-16
- Malda-Castillo, J. Coman, C., Howell, B., Burness, C., Martlew, J., Russell, L., Town, J., Abbass, A., Perez-Algorta, G., & Valavanis, S. (2022). Three Sessions of Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) for Patients with Dissociative Seizures: A Pilot Study. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Zamalloa, I., Iraurgui, I., Maruottolo, C., Mascaró, A., Landeta, O., & Malda, J. (2016). Impulsivity and Executive Function in Borderline Personality Disorder. Actas Españolas de Psiquiatría,44 (3), 113-118.
- Malda, Castillo J., Jivraj, S. & Ng, Fat, L. (2017). The regional geography of alcohol consumption in England: Comparing drinking frequency and binge drinking. Health & Place,43, 33-40. Doi:10/1016.j.healthplace.2016.11.007
- Malda, Castillo, J., Smith, I., Morris, L. & Perez Algorta, G. (2018). Violent Incidents in a Secure Service for Individuals with Learning Disabilities: Incident types, circumstances and Staff Responses. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities. 00,1–10. https://doi.org/10.1111/jar.12490
- Malda, Castillo, J., Browne, C. & Perez Algorta, G. (2018). Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT) and Its Evidence Base Status: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Psychology and Psychotherapy Research. Doi: 10.1111/papt.12195
- Malda, Castillo, J., Blakeley, J. (2018). Entering the Antisocial Arena: A Cognitive Analytic Kaleidoscope. Reformulation, Winter Issue.
- Malda, Castillo, J., Browne, C. & Perez Algorta, G. (2020). Examining the association between mentalizing and parental mental health in a sample of caregivers of asthmatic children. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/cfp0000132
- Malda, Castillo, J., Valavanis,S & Perez Algorta, G. (2020). Short term psychodynamic psychotherapy (STPP) for clients with complex and enduring difficulties within NHS mental health services: a case series. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, 34 (1), https://doi.org/10.1080/02668734.2020.1802615